Tuesday, May 08, 2007

WOMBLING FREE(CYCLE)

I've blogged about it before, but I can't help but sing the praises of the modern marvel that is Freecycle.

We're getting our loft converted in a few months and have been clearing out all the unwanted crap that's been sitting up there for years.

But one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I put a whole host of items up on Freecycle -- stereo equipment, shelves, bits of furniture -- and within a few hours most were snapped up.

They would have ended up in landfill, but instead they've been given a whole new lease of life somewhere in West London.

Maybe they'll just end up on eBay, but if someone can make a profit from my old junk, good on them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zul said...

Great essay-beautifully done, I was actually scared to comment on this after reading it! I really like this, it was a very unique idea that really needed to be touched upon!

Great job!
fivezull
One Drop Perfumes
Presto Pressure Cookers

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home