Monday, April 02, 2007

My name is among several hundred friends and colleagues who are calling for the immediate release of Alan Johnston in an advert in the Guardian.

Download the advert here.

It's a poignant day for the ad to be published.

It's four years to the day since I lost my leg to an Iraqi landmine and Kaveh Golestan lost his life.

I make a point of treating the anniversary as a cause of celebration. Despite the tragedy, I'm still here.

This year I've got more reason than ever to celebrate. Not only am I here but little William Robert is too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to raise a glass at times like these to "absent friends". until I realised and felt in my being, they had not gone away, they were still with us.
Long I hope to remain so.
Dad

9:48 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hope you don't mind us raising a glass over here either. Not a time I find easy to celebrate, until I realise I still have my little brother AND now a sister-in-law AND a nephew. Sorry, got to go, Heather Mills is about to dance!!!

Love Steve

2:46 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm glad this is a day of celebration for you. Your story continues to be one of inspiration for me - not the event itself, but the choices you have made since it happened.

My heart is with the family of Alan Johnston. I know intimately what they are going through.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home