Friday, October 20, 2006

In my never-ending quest for the perfect prosthesis I spent the day with the R&D team at Blatchford in Basingstoke, trialling some of their latest products -- the Elite foot, the TT Pro shock absorber and the Brio heel device.

As always, I was amazed by the way metal and carbon fibre can be made to mimic the complex movements of the human body, and by the way the tinest adjustment to a prosthesis -- even just a few millimeters -- can completely change the way it performs.

The guys at Blatchford were crackling with ideas for lighter, smarter, stronger and better performing prosthetics. I got the sense that despite the massive advances made in recent years, improved technology and new materials will continue to revolutionize the industry.

Now, I don't know much about biomechanics or medical engineering -- but I certainly know a good prosthesis when I put one on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, just put your best foot forward....ok... but which one is that?

7:18 PM  
Blogger hiwa said...

I do remember you face from somewhere but I found you while looking for Blatchford products for a friend from south Kurdistan [northern Iraq]

Hope you will find the best ONE!

good luck

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home