Wednesday, July 19, 2006

0246 in Beirut and I'm just about to shut up shop for a few hours kip at the hotel across the road.

I've just put a bunch of new snaps onto the photo stream -- and more will follow.

Blasting out on the iPod played through the speakers I've rigged up on my desk -- Jerusalem by Steve Earle.

The lyrics to the song by my favourite musician of all time are so apt to what I'm seeing happening here in front of my eyes that I'm close to tears.

I'm sure my colleagues covering the deadly Hezbollah rocket attacks on innocent Israelis on the other side of the blue line feel the same.

Maybe I just need some sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger RightwingSparkle said...

Do you not think that if Hezbollah had the same firepower as Israel that they would not be using it???

Of course they would. Deadly is as deadly as one can achieve.

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerusalem by Steve Earle and you say 'no politics'! Of course blame it all on the 'Children of Abraham' - you and the BBC are simply part of the problem.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home