Wednesday, March 22, 2006

HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGY?

While enjoying a lunchtime pint with friends in Banbury over the weekend, the most to-die-for 12 week old black labrador puppy came in accompanied by his handler.

It turned out the pup was being trained by Dogs for the Disabled, which has its headquarters nearby.

According to their website, DFTD was set up in 1986 by an amputee, Frances Hay.

Regular readers will know that I hate the "disabled" tag.

If they'll give me a puppy, however, I'll be as disabled as they want me to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard Amor Allan said...

Would you feel more confortable if the organisation changed its name to "Hounds For The Handicapped" or "Labradors For The Limbless"? Damn these alliterations!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute - my deceased Grandad was blind, he lost his site to a brain tumour at 40 years of age.
In the remainder of his life, he had 3 guide dogs. My gran was reluctant to give the 'retired' ones back, so they were given to various family members. We had, Molly, Percy and Boe.
The last guide dog Boe died 2 weeks ago - poor sole.
They are VERY cute when they are little and even lovelier when they develop their characters.
I think you should get one anyway - regardless of your missing leg :->)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home