Sunday, July 03, 2005

I wasn't quite up there with Haile Gebrselassie but I was still moderately pleased with a time of 56:11 in the British 10k this morning.

Despite the huge numbers of runners slowing down the pace it was still a great event -- how often do you get to run past so many famous London landmarks on traffic-free streets?

I also met a fellow amputee along the route.

I was jogging along happily listening to my iPod when I received an unexpected slap on the shoulder.

I thought it was one of the "congratulations cripple" slaps I often get while out running (and which, although patronising, I take in the spirit they're meant.)

But when I looked down I saw that I was being greeted by a fellow Cheetah-wearer.

We saw each other again at the finish line and the amputee introduced himself as Jim Bonney.

He'd gone round the course in 48 minutes.

Jim said his e-mail address was on the Ossur website, but it doesn't seem to be -- so if anyone knows how to get in touch with him, give me a shout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home