Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Just back from a frustrating, if necessary, day in Cardiff.

My new artificial leg with a seal-in liner has been giving me nothing but trouble since I got it a couple of months ago.

In fact, its been unwearable.

The source of the problem has been a bony area on my leg which rubs painfully against the hard socket shell of the prosthesis.

I'd pretty much given up hope on ever being able to use it but today Ian, my prothetist, proposed a solution which I'm fairly confident will work.

He's going to remake the socket, building in a soft rubber pad and extra space to accommodate the troublesome bone.

Fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep fingers crossed too. You are a remarkable young man. I wish you luck.
starliz

3:19 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

I have nothing but utter respect for you Sir... people like yourself are a beacon of hope for the rest - and no im not taking the piss, im serious.

Wish you luck mate.


YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuart I am holding positive thoughts and prayers for you.

JEH Ga

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home