Tuesday, October 26, 2004

PAVING THE WAY



We get some pretty weird literature coming through the post in the office but Pave-It, the official organ of the Precast Concrete Paving and Kerb Association, takes some beating.

The October issue of this fine journal contains agenda-setting articles on such burning topics as "mechanised installation techniques for concrete paving blocks" and "the popularity of concrete block permeable pavements."

But I was particularly annoyed that I'd manage to miss a crucial story while covering the Athens Olympics -- namely the impact of concrete block paving on the Games.

I'm going to keep my copy close at hand at all times.

Whenever I get frustrated with my job I can take it out and gain comfort from the fact that no matter how bad things are, at least I don't write for Pave-It.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home