Thursday, October 21, 2004



My criticisms of the United States over its failure to sign the Ottawa Mine Ban Treaty are well-known.

Even so, it's a fact that the US has committed almost $600 million to mine action initiatives over the past decade and that a lot of lives and limbs have been saved as a result.

I'm currently building my contacts within the State Department as just because I don't agree with all aspects of US policy on the landmine issue doesn't mean I can't have a dialogue with them.

America's latest update on its mine clearance efforts worldwide has just been published and is well worth a look. The accompanying press release is here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you, Mr. Blogger? Feeling better from the LA event?

Thank you for sharing this link "America's latest update on its mine clearance efforts worldwide has just been published and is well worth a look."

I'm not sure what the problem is. For some reason the font of the published material looks so small, and I can't read it. Help.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home