Saturday, October 16, 2004

Just got a sneak peek of this evening's event.

I went down to the Los Angeles Ballroom to run through my bit with the organisers.

Paul McCartney was running through his sound check when I arrived and I stood by the side of the stage and gawped. One of the greatest names in the history of music was standing there jamming out "A Hard Day's Night" to an audience of about 20 technicians and road crew, like a garage band playing on the stage of an empty bar on a Monday evening.

Except this was no ordinary bar.

Tonight the ballroom will host more than a thousand of the great and the good of LA society -- oh, and me and Aileen as well, of course.

The paparazzi are already gathering outside next to the red carpet, ready to snap the celebs as the sashay in.

What the hell am I doing here?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Hope you had a great time last night. I have a terrific brunch suggestion for you called The Inn of the Seventh Ray. It's about 25 minutes from your hotel in the Topanga Canyon area. Wonderful setting and they have the best Belgian waffles! They also do dinner and I'm sure that's just as good.
http://www.innoftheseventhray.com

Ann

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home