Sunday, July 25, 2004

STORY OF MY LIFE



Now I know what it must feel like to be the subject of a bio-pic.

Yesterday I went up to Leeds to give a talk on landmines -- and to see a piece of drama based on my story.

The The Armouries Museum has an interpretation team which acts out stories related to the exhibits on display.

One of the interpreters, Anna Ward, contacted me a few months ago and asked if she could take some of the material I've written about my accident and turn it into a short play.

I agreed -- and yesterday I finally got to see the result.

Here's the script (as a Word document.)

Once I'd got used to hearing words I'd written spoken by a woman, I found myself being unexpectedly moved -- and I still can't put my finger on why.

Whatever the reason, Anna did a fantastic job and I'm humbled and honoured that she's chosen to use my story.

The interpretation will be performed regularly at the museum for the rest of the Summer.

There are more pictures of Anna's performance here, here and here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing "the script (as a Word document."

I usually can identify how I feel, but after reading the document I'm not sure what or where I'm supposed to feel. Does the pain start from my feet, my head or my heart?

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home