Thursday, November 06, 2003

If you're an occasional reader of the blog, be sure to check in over the next fortnight.

If you're a regular -- spread the word.

Tomorrow morning I head off to Cambodia for a two-week assignment with the Mines Advisory Group.

We'll be heading to Battembang in the northwest of the country -- one of the most mined areas of one of the most heavily mined countries in the world.

I'll be staying with villagers who live with landmines literally on their doorsteps. I'll be documenting and recording their stories and reporting on the landmine clearance efforts taking place in Cambodia.

I've got a host of commissions already lined up for a variety of BBC News outlets....Radio 4, 5 Live, World Service, News Online and others....so don't be surprised if you hear me pop up over the next few weeks.

I'm taking plenty of communications equipment with me and I'll try to update the blog as often as connections allow.

In the meantime, you can read more about MAG's work in Cambodia here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home