Thursday, September 11, 2003



Unusually, I didn't mind having to make the tedious 300 mile round trip from London to Cardiff for a hospital appointment because with some gentle persuasion and a few well-placed phone calls I managed to swing a last minute press ticket for last night's Wales V Finland football match at the Millennium Stadium:

BBC Sport: Wales book play-off place

I was sitting in the perfect spot, in the press box half way up the tiers and just behind the commentary team from Finnish National Radio.

I took some recording equipment with me to make it look like I was doing some work. This is what the Welsh national anthem sounds like sung by 70,000 Wales supporters and this is the response that Simon Davies's goal after 3 minutes generated. (Both are MP3s.)

It's enough to bring tears to a Welshman's eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home