Monday, June 23, 2003

Just been flicking through the blog archives, reminiscing.

I came across a photo taken on April 6th, the day before the amputation. It's of me smiling in a wheelchair with my leg in bandages and my foot still in place, albeit held together with Meccano.

I wasn't prepared for it. Just seeing the picture knocked the wind right out of me. It must be similar to the way someone whose loved one has died feels when they unexpectedly see a picture of that person -- a sudden rush of sadness and loss.

I felt a sudden, desperate desire to turn back the clock. Would that I could.

I was also struck by the fact that the time I've been blogging post-accident is now longer than the period I spent in Iraq. Time for a name change perhaps?

Discuss "Beyond Northern Iraq"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home