Sunday, May 18, 2003


Out with the old and in with the new today as I prepared for the arrival of my new car -- a year-old Ford Focus automatic. The silver-tongued Iraqi salesman finally won me over and we shook hands on the deal on Friday.

It'll take a week or so to get the modifications done so I can drive it with my left foot and then I'll be back on the road and a little bit closer to independence.

My trusty Citroen has served me well but with a stick shift and three pedals to contend with it's not suitable for life with one foot.

News that the old motor was up for sale spread by word of mouth and someone agreed to buy it this afternoon.

I said goodbye to the old girl by giving her a damn good scrubbing -- which isn't easy in a wheelchair:

Picture: Car Wash

Discuss "Beyond Northern Iraq"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home