Thursday, May 08, 2003


For some reason I decided to revisit Jennicam today for the first time in months and months. I remember it was one of the first websites I ever visited in 1998 or sometime like that. Back then, I thought the idea of someone having webcams around their house streaming 24/7 and writing online about their life was really cool.

What was I thinking?

I don't mean to be rude and I'm sure she's a lovely woman and all but man is she boring. Typical entries in her diary:

"Just yesterday we installed the first circuit of our drip watering system."

and

"Dex borrowed a friend's rototiller, so the back yard garden has been growing steadily."

Are people interested in this stuff? Do they pay good money to read it?

I blame the Reality TV phenomenon. People going about their daily business isn't interesting enough any more. We need excitement, drama, conflict. I'm not saying I'm as gripping as a Danielle Steele novel but at least I had my leg blown off. That's kind of interesting, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

Discuss "Beyond Northern Iraq"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home